- SBS News (01/12/13) analyses “what is ‘Muslim-ness’ in Australia.”
- Gulfnews.com (01/12/13) reports on the United Arab Emirates National Day Stamp Exhibition, held in commemoration of the UAE’s National day, set for December 2.
- South China Morning Post (30/11/13) reports on a recent survey which tracked the subject of nationalism in preschool education curricula, despite the government’s shelved plans to make nationalism a mandatory school subject.
- Forbes.com (29/11/13) features an article about Turkish immigrants living in Sweden, and how they navigate two cultures and their own national identities. It is part of a news series on Immigration Journalism developed by the French-American Foundation.
- The Guardian (27/11/12) reports on Japan’s Prime Minister, Shinzo Abe, and whether his form of nationalism is a throwback to Japanese imperialism.
- EUObservor.com (25/11/13) blogs about the potential consequences of increasing Russian nationalism for the Eurasian Union.
Read on for a SEN Journal article which reflects on current news articles:
Hayo, Henio. (2012). “Fresh Views on the Old Past: The Postage Stamps of the Mexican Bicentennial.” Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism. 12(1), April 2012, pp. 19-44.
News compiled by Karen Seegobin.
If you would like to write a response to any of these news stories, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.