- The LA Times (27/10/13) reports on the escalating tensions in Myanmar between the majority Buddhist and minority Muslim populations, which some fear may lead to further violence.
- The National Post (25/10/13) comments on the recent calls for atheism to be considered an ethnicity in Canada.
- All Africa (23/10/13) reports on continued ethnic conflict in Mali following the recent national crisis, sparked by the ousting of the country’s president in March 2012.
- The Atlantic (22/10/13) analyses why “Russia is growing more xenophobic.”
- APA News (22/10/13) further reports that Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a new bill which assigns responsibility to manage ethnic conflict to regional authorities.
Stay tuned for SEN Article Spotlights, which will be posted later in the week.
News compiled by Karen Seegobin.
If you would like to write a response to any of these news stories, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.