- MSN News (25/01/14) explains why Australia’s National Day, held on January 26th, is so controversial, especially among the nation’s Aboriginal population.
- Al Jazeera (25/01/14) features an analysis on the Scottish National Party’s (SNP) YES campaign for independence.
- Global Post (24/01/14) features an article on the Berbers of North Africa and their calls on the Moroccan Parliament to create a national observance of their new year.
- Independent Balkan News Agency (24/01/14) reports on warnings by Bulgarian President Rossen Plevneliev, who says that “the May 2014 European Parliament elections will be held in an environment of growing populism, radical nationalism and disillusionment with political elites.”
- The Washington Post (24/01/14) blogs an analysis of the ongoing protests in the Ukraine and highlights the ethno-linguistic divisions in the country.
- The Nation (21/01/14) has also posted a feature on Ukrainian right-wing nationalism and argues that it lies at the heart of thee recent on-going protests.
News compiled by Karen Seegobin.
If you would like to write a response to any of these news stories, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.