- The Japan Times (16/11/13) opines on the tension among ethnic groups in rapidly modernising China and that “China’s Muslim Uighurs from Xinjiang, and Buddhist Tibetans, are resisting assimilation despite sustained efforts by ethnic Han Chinese”.
- Diplomatic Courier (15/11/13) reports on the threat of French nationalism and euroscepticism and what it could mean for the 2014 European Union elections.
- Reuters (15/11/13) reports that far-right political parties across Europe have joined forces ahead of the 2014 EU elections.
- Deutsche Well (13/11/13) also reports on the growing alliance between the Dutch and French far-right leaders.
- Al Jazeera (13/11/13) analyses the controversial “push for secularism” in Quebec, Canada by the Parti Quebecois (PQ), the sovereigntist party that leads a minority government in Quebec.
- The Independent (12/11/13) reports that Russia had demanded an apology, compensation and extra protection from Poland after its embassy in Warsaw came under attack from a nationalist mob on Poland’s Independence day.
Stay tuned for SEN Article Spotlights, which will be posted later in the week.
News compiled by Karen Seegobin.
If you would like to write a response to any of these news stories, please email us at email@example.com.