- The Guardian (22/09/13) comments on the Scottish independence movement and wonders whether “broadcasters [can] convey authentic Celtic atmosphere without recourse to cheap, nationalistic imagery?”
- The Gatestone Institute (19/9/13) provides an analysis on the deep split in Turkish society, which is evident by the recent spate of government protests in the country.
- The Guardian (17/09/13) reports on criticisms of the leader of the Scottish National Party (SNP), Alex Salmond, by his former aide.
- CNN (17/09/13) reports that for the first time ever an American of Indian descent has won the Miss America title, which also sparked a series of ethnic and racist comments on the internet.
- The Economist (16/09/13) reports that “for the first time Poland’s tiny German minority is allowed to vote in German’s elections.”
Stay tuned for SEN Article Spotlights, which will be posted later in the week.
News compiled by Karen Seegobin.
If you would like to write a response to any of these news stories, please email us at email@example.com.